QuickBooks Desktop is a locally-installed accounting software that offers various accounting tools and features. Sometimes, users face issues and errors while using the QuickBooks Desktop software. One such error is “Unable to find a transaction” with error code c=47.
Given below is the complete error message for error code c=47.
An error has occurred in QuickBooks.
Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact for assistance.
If you are also facing the same error, read this post to learn about the occurrences, causes, and methods to fix the error c=47 in QuickBooks.
Occurrences of Error Code C=47
This error may appear while performing different processes and activities. Given below are some instances when the error code c=47 may occur.
- While sending a Payment Receipt through email
- While recording changes in the .qbw company file
- While editing a transaction
- When you delete a transaction from a report
- When you run Windows Server 2008 Cleanup
Causes of Error Code C=47
Some major known causes of this error are:
- Browser configuration problems, especially in protected browsers
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks data (.qbw) file
- An old QuickBooks data backup file that is still running
- Edited entries
- SSL setting in the browser
- A compromised file folder where logs are stored
- Malware attacks or viruses
Solutions to Fix the Error Code C=47
Sometimes, simply restarting the QuickBooks desktop program resolves the problem. If the problem persists, you can use the below-given solutions to fix the issue.
Note: Before you move ahead, take a backup of the QuickBooks data (.qbw) file, transaction log (.tlg) file, and backup data files.
Solution – 1: Quick Repair
Sometimes, the error occurs due to a glitch in the software. You can fix it through the Quick Repair option in the uninstall program. Follow these steps:
- Go to the installed programs page of your macOS or Windows PC.
- Locate the QuickBooks software.
- Click on Uninstall/Change.
- Click Repair in the uninstall page that opens.
- Click on Finish after the repair is complete.
Solution – 2: Manual Driver Update
The error can also be a result of an outdated driver. In such a case, you can download the latest version of the driver from official sources. Here are the steps:
- Restart the system after the driver un-establishment process is over.
- Configure the driver and let the process completes.
- Click on Start in the next window.
- Click on Sort device manager.
- In the results, right-click the gadget on which the driver is employed.
- Click on Update driver to update the driver
- In the new window that opens, you will have two options: Search the internet and computer and Browse my computer manually.
- Select the browse option and browse the system to locate the driver software.
- Select the driver from the list.
- Choose the Legacy option.
- Click Next to complete the process.
Solution – 3: Repair the .dll File
Sometimes, the reason behind this error is a damaged .dll file. You can repair the damaged file by following these steps:
- Load the \3\LXCRtime.dll file.
- When the error message appears, click on Repair.
- In the newly opened dialog box, click on Select all options.
- Click on troubleshoot and wait till the process completes.
Solution – 4: Update QuickBooks Program
The error may also occur if the QuickBooks software is not updated. Follow the below steps to update the QuickBooks Desktop program.
- Click on the Help menu in QuickBooks.
- Click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click Update Now.
- Click Get Updates.
- After the download is finished, restart the program.
- Click on Install when the dialog box appears.
Solution – 5: Rebuild Data and Verify for Damaged Files
The error may also appear due to damaged data files. In such a case, you can use the Rebuild Data Utility to rebuild the data file and Verify Utility to check if the rebuilt data is fine or not. Here are the steps:
- Click on the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data.
- In the Rebuild Data pop-up window, click on OK.
- In the QuickBooks Information pop-up window, click on OK.
- The rebuild process will start.
- When it finishes, a pop-up window will show “Rebuild has completed”.
- Click OK.
- Now again, go to Utilities and click on Verify Data.
- If there are no errors in the rebuild data, it will show a pop-up window. Click on OK.
- If there are errors, it will provide two options – Rebuilt Now and View Errors. You can choose any one of them.
If the error still appears, you can ask for the assistance from QuickBooks customer support or use a third-party software to repair the files.
With the help of the above quick fixes, you can fix the error code c=47 easily and on your own. But if the problem persists and the error “Unable to find a transaction” still appears in QuickBooks, then you must contact the service provider or you can try a QuickBooks Repair Software to fix the error.